Thursday, February 16, 2006

random quote

so i'm going to turn to my left and grab a book from my sagging bookshelf (literally... we put it together wrong) and type up a quote from a random spot.

ok so here we go random book...

the winner is one of my favorites... The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. if you have not read this book, go and do so now!


ok so here is the random section...

that sucks. i opened up and pointed to the middle of a story on page 129. i'll try again. wait i can't then it wouldn't be random. so i guess here is the paragraph, you try to make sense of it...

""you unspeakable slime," Murphy O'Connor roared. There's the door on your right and the window on your left. Take whichever is fastest. Get out of here before I throw up. I am not running a rehab for liars!

The philosophy of tough love is based on the conviction that no effective recovery can be initiated until a man admits that he is powerless over alcohol and that his life has become unmanageable."


i thought i should add the first line of the next paragraph just because it is pretty cool and challenging... i mean you can substitute just about any sin in the "alcohol" spot right? i sure can.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I like Father Murphy O'Connor. He was my favorite when he played Archie Bunker on TV.

I also like the random quote feature. I hope it becomes a staple of your blog.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger C-Man said...

like the random quote. Hey -- can i come play buck buck with you guys??? hey hey hey!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger nathan sean said...

bring on the buck! buck! that would be awesome.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Nate Smith,

Dude is this you man - I found your link on Carters blog. Wish I could have hung with you and wally today man!

later,

nate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home